Over the weekend the XFL put out a teaser video teasing the game ball release for Monday morning. It’s bright and early and the league has already put out the announcement for their game ball, or should we say, game balls…
This is eight custom-designed, team-colored, X-pebble-covered, easy-to grip-throw-and-catch XFL game balls. This. Is. The XFL. #ThisIsTheXFL #XFL
Full details ➡️ https://t.co/jAK02dojbY pic.twitter.com/ESKYH5Btpe
— XFL (@XFL2023) November 25, 2019
The game balls are already for sale on Shop.XFL.com for $125 a pop. With Christmas around the corner this is a perfect gift for any XFL fan.
The XFL also sent a few game balls out to select folks from the media. I gotta say, they went all out with the packaging. Take a look at some pictures Darren Rovell posted earlier this morning.
The @XFLGuardians dropped off the new XFL football this morning in award-winning fashion. Well played. pic.twitter.com/6fzktJF8Mq
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) November 25, 2019
The XFL put out a press release, which you can read below:
- Two distinctive features make the XFL’s official football stand apart from any in sports. The XFL game ball comes in eight custom looks to match each team’s primary color scheme and is distinguished by the following:
- The points of each football are wrapped with ‘X’ marks in white and the team’s primary color. This design allows receivers to track the ball easily.
Patent-pending, “X-Pebble” grip technology will help players control the ball with a feel that enables a tight spin on throws, and also allows ball carriers to enhance their ball security.
The XFL spent the past year developing the game ball with football manufacturer Team Issue in Dallas. The first version was tested with players on the field during the XFL’s rules testing this past spring.
Based on feedback from quarterbacks and receivers, adjustments were made and updated versions of the ball were tested over a 10-week period at each XFL Summer Showcase.
Then, after additional feedback from players was received and hours of tape were watched and analyzed, final adjustments were made and the final ball production began in September.
Each version of the XFL game ball will start to see action on the field next month when XFL mini-camps open up across the league. The XFL game ball is also now available for purchase at XFL.com. Season tickets and single-game tickets are also available now at www.xfl.com/tickets.
XFL OFFICIAL BALL DETAILS
- Design and Production Partner: Team Issue (Dallas, Texas)
- Size: Standard professional football size
- Texture: Patent-pending “X-Pebble” exterior grip technology
- Game Usage: In every XFL game, the team on offense will use the ball featuring their team’s custom look and color scheme.
- Dimensions: Prolate spheroid
- Long circumference: 28 to 28 1/2 inches
- Short circumference: 21 to 21 1/4 inches
- Weight: 14 to 15 ounces
- Colors: Traditional red leather – the ball will be brown on game day after pre-game leather conditioning
- Retail Price: $125 plus shipping and handling
- Unique Features:
- “X-Tips”: painted Xs wrap both points of each football in white and the team’s primary color
- X-Pebble technology grip: exterior grip technology (patent-pending) to enhance ball feel and ball security